There is a saying that goes "a picture is worth a thousand words." But on the other hand, "a word can describe a thousand pictures." [...] These are the words of life, love, experience and inspiration.
Way back in 2002, when avalonstar.net was still running the show, I started jotting down quotes. Just a series of short phrases that came to mind as I journeyed (or slacked off) through college. Actually, I wonder if a bunch of them still apply today. Those that have been following along since then will remember these and I hope they can still be considered "originals." Enjoy.
- Envision success.
- Questions are never stupid, but in excess, can drive you nuts.
- If you are experienced at what you do, stay with it and perfect it.
- You are the boss of you, let nobody tell you otherwise.
- Some people say I dream too much, then I ask, "Why don't you?"
- Show respect by listening, not by getting in the last word.
- People would rather criticize an action, than do it themselves.
- Bad friends are like bad cars, after a few months, they're unreliable.
- A person with no culture, is a person with no depth or definition.
- A person who doesn't respect, doesn't deserve to be respected.
- I don't hate the word "love," I hate how it's used.
- Never give up, never give in, never settle for less than perfection.
- All people are creative, because we all have the ability to create.
- Don't be afraid to be different, that's how people remember you.
- If it wasn't for my friends, my world would be a dark place.
- Children who don't respect their parents, won't respect their own.
- They say knowledge is power. Power is the use of that knowledge.
- When was the last time you saw something positive on the 6PM news?
- Use your power to inspire others, and in turn they will inspire you.
- Anticipation can be the most nerve-wrenching times of your life.
- The times that you are truly happy, are the ones that drive you to tomorrow.
- The feeling of being lonely, is one of the few that can eat you alive.
- Live by the will of your dreams, not the limits of reality.
- What do you do when the person who gives advice can't help himself?
- Never take no for an answer, but always know why they thought that way.
- Dreams are hard things to decipher, but in the right hands, they can bloom.